The Woman's Library Club of Glencoe, now headquartered within the Writers Theatre building, began in 1872 as a small group of friends who gathered to read and discuss classical and contemporary literature

As their collection of books grew they made them available to the public operating out of their first clubhouse on 654 Greenwood. This community service continued until 1908 when the club donated the entire collection to be the nucleus of the new Glencoe Public Library.

The club carries on its tradition of service by supporting numerous philanthropic causes and partnering with many organizations within Glencoe to form a stronger community including the North Shore Exchange, an upscale consignment store.

 
 


 

{ Events }

Click on event title to view more details and purchase options or click below to view our full event calendar.

 

{ News }

 
 
Congratulations Marcie!

Marcie Pickard is the winner of the May 3rd, 2017 - WLC Free Lunch: Shirley Lans Memorial Authors' Lunch.  Congratulations Marcie, we look forward to seeing you May 3rd.

A new program this year is the “There really is such a thing as a free lunch.” Each month, one WLC member will be drawn at random to join us at our monthly lunch without charge.

Watch the newsletter and website for each month's winner.

 

Please note! 

All donations made during the 2016 calendar year to the club are tax deductible because our 501c3 status is retroactive to our filing date.

- The WLC Board